- to stretch homemade chili
- in dip with velveeta
- cheesy chili dip -- good if you still have cream cheese in your freezer :)
- potato skins
- chili dogs
- loaded fries
- cowboy breakfast -- my husband says this one sounds good
- chili pup cups -- great stockpile snack or meal because it also uses biscuits :)
- beefy noodles casserole -- great stockpile meal because it uses rotel & canned tomatoes
- chili cheese pie
- chili & chip pepper cups
- taco salad
- chili chicken & rice
- over cornbread & topped w/ cheese
- chili pizza
- over broiled-cheese sandwiches; top w/ tomato slice
- in mac & cheese; top w/ fritos
- chili-stuffed sweet potatoes
- coney island casserole
- throw some veggies in, top w/ cheese, smear cornbread batter on top & bake
- layer dip
- festive chili bread -- good w/ discounted deli bread
- more at http://hormelfoodsrecipes.com/recipes/default.aspx but they were all sounding like slight variations on each other.. substitute corn biscuits or rice or pasta shells...
- got more ideas? please send me comments!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
What to do w/ canned chili?
got LOTS of hormel turkey chili w/ beans... how creatively can i use it? a lot of these ideas are from hormel's recipe site, which is heavy on versions of dips, nachos & chilis.